1. How many company owned restaurants do you have?
The company doesn’t own any SUBWAY® restaurants. SUBWAY® is unique in that the restaurants are owned by more than 21,000 franchisees—small business owners who operate their neighborhood SUBWAY® restaurants in more than 100 countries around the world.
2. Is SUBWAY® a publicly traded company?
No, we are a privately held company and not traded on any stock exchange.
3. I’ve always thought about owning my own SUBWAY® restaurant — where would I start?
4. I would love to work for SUBWAY®. Where can I explore job opportunities?
5. Do you have any incentives for Veterans?
Our franchise fee is waived for any honorably discharged veteran who opens a SUBWAY® restaurant on a government or military installation. The fee is reduced by 50 percent for any veteran opening in any non-military or non-government location if they obtain government-sponsored financing under a program designed specifically for US veterans.
Many veterans have joined our franchisee team, and say opening their own restaurant was a great post-military career choice. Read some of their stories here.
6. What charities or organizations are you affiliated with?
Nationally, we partner with organizations that share our mission to promote healthy lifestyles for both adults and kids through balanced eating, such as the American Heart Association and The Partnership for a Healthier America. On a local level, SUBWAY® franchisees are active members of their communities, donating thousands of subs each year to schools, kids programs, and charity races and walks.
7. Can I bring my guide dog into a SUBWAY® restaurant?
8. The subs in the commercials don’t look like the one I get in my local SUBWAY® -- why?
The subs are actually the same, we just use some food styling during our commercial shoots to make them look great under all those lights. They have the same amounts of meats, veggies, and toppings- but our Sandwich Artists™ will make it however you like.
9. Is Jared still around? Did he keep the weight off?
More than fifteen years after he started walking and eating SUBWAY® sandwiches, Jared is doing great! He keeps fit with exercise including running after his two toddlers, and still eats at SUBWAY® as often as possible when at home or on the road.
10. Are your Famous Fans just paid spokespeople?
11. Is your bread really baked in the restaurant?
Yes! Several times throughout the day, in fact. We’ve been baking bread fresh daily right in the restaurants for over thirty years.
12. Are all of your sandwiches healthy?
We give you lots of choices when you visit. If you’re looking for a more nutritious option, our eight Fresh Fit™ sandwiches have five grams of fat or less. We have indulgent sandwiches too, if that’s what you’re looking for. You can also ask for any sub as a salad.
You may also not know that we fortified our bread with Calcium and Vitamin D- so when you eat a 6-inch sub, you’re getting the equivalent to a glass of milk. Now, our 9-Grain Wheat has 24 grams of whole grain per 6-inch serving. And when made to standard formula, you’ll get two full servings of veggies.