1. What menu items contain gluten? …contain dairy…contain eggs?…..contain fish?….contain shellfish?…contain wheat?….contain peanuts?…contain tree nuts?….contain soy?….contain sulfites?…contain nitrites?
For US menu items a document is posted in the nutrition section of subway.com called “Ingredient Information for People with Food Allergies” this document identifies which standard menu items contain certain allergens and sensitive ingredients.
2. What is the origin of sodium stearoyl-2-lactylate and the mono- and diglycerides found in the bread?
These ingredients are plant-derived.
3. What is the origin of enzymes (rennin) used in the cheese?
The bulk of rennin used in processing is microbial, however there could be a chance of calf rennin in the cheese due to production variables. Our cheese contains no porcine (pig) derived rennin.
4. Which SUBWAY® menu items contain artificial trans fat?
All of the core menu items are free of artificial trans fat (partially hydrogenated oil). A few menu items contain small amounts of naturally occurring trans fat, found in meats and dairy.
5. Is monosodium glutamate (MSG) used as a flavor enhancer in any of your foods?
The SUBWAY® brand does not add MSG to any of the standard menu items. However, other ingredients such as hydrolyzed or textured vegetable proteins and/or autolyzed yeast are used in our products. These ingredients contain glutamates that may cause similar sensitivities that MSG causes. To find out which foods at SUBWAY® contain autolyzed yeast and hydrolyzed protein, visit the nutrition section of the website to view ingredient listings. There is also a document in the nutrition section, called “Ingredient Information for People with Food Allergies” which identifies menu items that contain these two ingredients. Snack chips and pre-packaged salad dressings sold in our restaurants may contain MSG, so make sure to read the ingredient list on the package.
6. What Subway menu items are Kosher?
The SUBWAY® brand does not require our food manufacturers to make certified kosher foods. However, there are some locations in the US that offer a fully certified kosher menu. Please contact Customer Care for more information.
7. Which Subway® menu items are pork-free?
The following sandwiches and salads are pork free: Meatball Marinara, Cold Cut Trio™ (US only), Tuna, Roast Beef, SUBWAY® Seafood & Crab®, Turkey Breast, Steak & Cheese, Roasted Chicken and Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki. Additionally, our vegetables, sauces and cheeses are pork free.