Franchise World Headquarters, LLC | Milford, Connecticut, USA
SCOPE: This Privacy Notice applies to information, including Personal Information, collected about you by the SUBWAY® Group including, but not limited to: Franchise World Headquarters, LLC (“FWH”), Subway IP, Inc. (“SIP”), FWH Technologies, LLC (“FWHT”), Doctor’s Associates Inc. (“DAI”), Subway International B.V. (“SIBV”), Subway Systems Australia Pty Ltd (“SSA”), Subway Franchise Systems of Canada, Ltd. (“SFSC”), Subway Partners Colombia C.V. (“SPCCV”), Subway Systems do Brasil Ltda. (“SSB”), Sandwich and Salad Franchises of South Africa Pty Ltd. (“SSFSA”), and Subway Systems India Private Limited (“SSIPL”), and PT Subway Systems Indonesia (“PTSSI”), as well as their affiliated companies and subsidiaries. FWH, SIP, FWHT, DAI, SIBV, SSA, SFSC, SPCCV, SSB, SSFSA, SSIPL, and PTSSI are collectively referred to herein as the “SUBWAY® Group”. The SUBWAY® Group’s privacy practices are consistent with:
- The Federal Trade Commission’s Fair Information Practice Principles (FIPPs).
- The Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) Privacy Principles.
- The U.S.-EU and U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Frameworks Privacy Principles of: Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer (Transfers to Third Parties), Security, Data Integrity, Access, and Enforcement.
- The Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation forum (APEC) Privacy Framework.
- The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA"), the Ten Privacy Principles developed by the Canadian Standards Association and incorporated into the Canadian Federal privacy legislation, as well as Provincial Privacy Laws.
- All applicable country, national, state, and local Data Protection and Security Laws (some country’s laws require country specific information in a Privacy Statement.
Information about Website Cookies
A cookie is a message given to a Web browser by a Web server. The browser stores the message in a text file. The message is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. The main purpose of cookies is to identify users and possibly prepare customized Web pages for them.
For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer, please visit: www.allaboutcookies.org and/or www.aboutcookies.org. These websites give you detailed step by step guidance on how to adjust your browser settings to your preferred level of protection, as well as manage, block, control, and delete cookies depending on your browser type.
The SUBWAY® Group Collection of Personal Information Regarding Children.
This website is not targeted towards children under the age of thirteen (13). The SUBWAY® Group does understand that children under the age of thirteen (13) may still try to contact us and in so doing may voluntarily provide Personal Information on our website located at: www.subway.com. If you are a child under the age of thirteen (13) PLEASE, DO NOT submit any Personal Information about yourself on our website located at: www.subway.com WITHOUT FIRST GETTING PERMISSION FROM YOUR PARENT(S) OR GUARDIAN(S).
Please find links to the SUBWAY® Franchisor Privacy Statements the , its affiliate, SFAFT’s Privacy Statement, SUBWAY® Country Specific Websites, and Terms and Conditions of Website Use below:
- Please click here to read Franchise World Headquarters, LLC (“FWH”) Privacy Statement.
- Please click here to read Doctor’s Associates Inc.’s (“DAI”) Privacy Statement.
- Please click here to read Subway International B.V. (“SIBV”) Privacy Statement.
- Please click here to read Subway Systems Australia Pty Ltd (“SSA”) Privacy Statement.
- Please click here to read Subway Franchise Systems of Canada, Ltd. (“SFSC”) Privacy Statement.
- Please click here to read Subway Partners Colombia C.V. (“SPCCV”) Privacy Statement.
- Please click here to read Subway Systems do Brasil Ltda. (“SSB”) Privacy Statement.
- Please click here to read Sandwich and Salad Franchises of South Africa Pty Ltd. (“SSFSA”) Privacy Statement.
- Please click here to read Subway Systems India Private Limited (“SSIPL”) Privacy Statement.
- Please click here to read Subway Franchise Advertising Fund Trust, Ltd. (“SFAFT”) Privacy Statement.
- To view your country’s Privacy Statement please go to: http://www.subway.com/en-us/exploreourworld. At the top of the page, please click on CHANGE, which brings you the EXPLORE OUR WORLD page. To choose your Country click on the Country name, then go to the very bottom of the Country’s page and click the PRIVACY link to view the Privacy Statement specific to your Country.
- Please click here to review the Terms and Conditions regarding the SUBWAY® Group’s website.
Important Information Regarding the U.S. – EU and the U.S. - Swiss Safe Harbor Frameworks
U.S. – EU and the U.S. - Swiss Safe Harbor Compliance
FWH, DAI, and SFAFT, are in compliance with the U.S. Department of Commerce Safe Harbor requirements regarding the transfer of Personal Information from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland to the United States. Despite an adverse judgment by the European Court of Justice on October 6, 2015, the U.S. Department of Commerce has advised that it continues to administer the Safe Harbor program until further notice. FWH, DAI, and SFAFT, have been Self-Certified under the Safe Harbor privacy frameworks as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce, European Commission and Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner of Switzerland regarding the collection, storage, use, transfer and other processing of personal data transferred from the European Economic Area or Switzerland to the U.S., in accordance with Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament, and the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection (FADP) effective July 1993,
modified January 2008. Organizations that Self-Certify under Safe Harbor must comply with the U.S. – EU and the U.S. - Swiss “Safe Harbor” Frameworks Privacy Principles which are:
- Notice - Individuals must be informed that their data is being collected and about how it will be used;
- Choice - Individuals must have the ability to opt out of the collection and forward transfer of the data to third parties;
- Onward Transfer (Transfers to Third Parties) - Transfers of data to third parties may only occur to other organizations that follow adequate data protection principles;
- Security - Reasonable efforts must be made to prevent loss of collected information;
- Data Integrity - Data must be relevant and reliable for the purpose for which it was collected;
- Access - Individuals must be able to access information held about them, and correct or delete it if it is inaccurate;
- Enforcement - There must be effective means of enforcing these rules.
Further information regarding the “Safe Harbor” Frameworks privacy principles and certification process can be found at: www.export.gov/safeharbor.
In addition, the U.S. Department of Commerce maintains lists of compliant organizations (i.e., the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor List and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor List), which can be accessed at: http://safeharbor.export.gov/list.aspx and https://safeharbor.export.gov/swisslist.aspx. FWH uses a self-assessment approach to assure compliance with this Privacy Statement and periodically verifies that this Privacy Statement is accurate, easily accessible, prominently displayed, abides by, and contains the information intended to be covered by the Safe Harbor Frameworks, as stated above.
Personal Information We May Collect
We collect Personal Information obtained directly from you for various purposes, such as, but not limited to:
- User registration
- Subscription Services (email and/or newsletters).
- Corresponding with you
- Job application.
- Placing and/or Processing your order.
- Financial Transaction Information
- Various Contest, Promotions, Competitions, and Sweepstakes
- Surveys and/or Voting
- We give you choices about how we communicate with you.
- If you do not want to receive email, direct mail, or targeted advertisements regarding our products and services, simply tell us when you provide your Personal Information, or by following the directions in our Privacy Statement, in the email you receive from us, or on our websites in order to remove your name from our mailing lists.
- You have the right to access (review, correct, amend or delete) your Personal Information by contacting our Privacy Officer.
How to Contact Us
- Please direct any questions concerning the SUBWAY® Group’s privacy practices and procedures to the SUBWAY® Group’s Privacy Officer at: email@example.com.
- Please direct any questions concerning the SUBWAY® Group’s affiliate, SFAFT’s, privacy practices and procedures to SFAFT’s Privacy Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Requests to unsubscribe from or “opt-out” of communications from the SUBWAY® Group may be directed to the SUBWAY® Group Privacy Officer at: email@example.com.
- Requests to unsubscribe from or “opt-out” of communications from SFAFT may be directed to SFAFT’s Privacy Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click below to download the Privacy Information Request Form: http://subapps1.subway.com/go/legal/InfoRequestForm.pdf.
- Or mail your written inquiry/request to:
The SUBWAY® Group’s Privacy Officer
C/o Franchise World Headquarters, LLC
325 Sub Way
Milford, CT 06461
The FAF Group’s Privacy Officer
C/o Franchise World Headquarters, LLC
325 Sub Way
Milford, CT 06461
LAST UPDATED: 01/25/16